Alaco is seeking an experienced candidate to join our team of investigative researchers as a Senior Analyst. Professional working proficiency in a second language is a strong advantage, particularly Arabic, German, Hebrew, Portuguese, Spanish or Romanian.
As a Senior Analyst your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Performing extensive desktop-based open source research, in relevant languages, and utilising a wide range of specialist subscription databases and analytical tools, working independently and providing guidance/advice to less experienced colleagues
• Working flexibly across different practice areas, including due diligence, litigation support and investigations
• Preparing comprehensive and high quality written reports in English, presented clearly and accurately with minimal input/editing required from senior managers
• Tasking our human source network to obtain relevant external intelligence, as well as proactively identifying new sources where relevant
• Briefing and presenting findings for internal purposes and to external clients, attending corporate events and networking to assist with business development
• Ensure the delivery of projects on scope and within deadline, with minimal supervision
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits, including a discretionary end of year bonus, pension scheme, support for continuing education and 25 days holiday per year. The role will be based at Alaco’s London office and the company has a hybrid working policy.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Senior Analysts will have two to three years’ of full-time post-graduate experience in business intelligence, due diligence, asset tracing or other relevant investigative experience, though applicants with a professional background in the law, journalism and finance are also encouraged to apply.
To succeed in the Senior Analyst role, candidates will need the following:
• A high standard of written English and the ability to present information in an accurate, logical and concise manner, on paper and in discussion;
• Proven experience of using open source information, publicly available corporate records and proprietary databases (Factiva, World Check, Lexis Nexis etc), attention to detail and a high level of inquisitiveness;
• Comfortable working on complex multi-jurisdictional investigations;
• Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to identify reputational, regulatory, ESG, corruption, and legal risks;
• The ability to multitask and be highly adaptable to the changing demands of client briefs;
• Good lateral thinking and problem-solving skills and able to use initiative to identify relevant lines of enquiry;
• The ability to reliably meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure, and ability to prioritize multiple parallel projects;
• Linguistic capability is a strong advantage; we are currently prioritising candidates with professional working proficiency in Russian, Arabic, German, Hebrew, Portuguese, Spanish and Romanian, although would consider any second language beneficial;
• A working knowledge of financial, commercial and legal concepts;
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
The Application Process
To apply for this position, please send a CV, together with covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The interview process will take place online. Alaco is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people from all backgrounds. Please note that we can only consider UK-based candidates for this role.