Alaco is seeking to grow its case management team at the associate level. The role is suitable for an experienced investigator or professional from a related field who can quickly identify key areas of focus in a client brief and devise effective strategies to address these. Successful candidates will be expected to work in both due diligence and disputes practice areas.
Associates play a pivotal role at Alaco, and must be comfortable in a fast-moving environment. They are expected to supervise and coordinate the efforts of junior analysts as well as conduct independent research and analysis, working on multiple assignments at any one time. They have direct responsibility to clients but also work under the direction of senior case managers on certain projects. Associates should be willing to develop particular regional or sectoral expertise if they do not already possess this.
This role does not entail specific responsibilities for revenue generation, although successful candidates will be expected to participate in business development.
• Research and write client-ready reports, identifying and collating information from a variety of sources and jurisdictions. Ensure timely delivery of projects.
• Draw out relevant material from large volumes of often complex data.
• Identify and develop new research tools, methodologies, and sources of information.
• Liaise with and debrief human sources.
• Supervise the work of junior staff on individual assignments.
• Participate in the drafting of client proposals and broader business development initiatives.
• Consult with and take direction from senior case managers and clients on project status, timing, and deliverables.
Qualifications and Skills
• 3-5 years of experience in business intelligence or a related field such as law, journalism, or government.
• Strong work ethic and personal motivation. Ability to work both independently and in a team to drive project delivery. Good prioritisation skills.
• Exceptional English-language communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to explain complex events and concepts in clear and concise terms.
• An inquisitive mindset and ability to think laterally about complex problems.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities. Good numerical and data analysis skills.
• A broad understanding of the inter-relationship between international politics and commerce. Knowledge of legal, AML, KYC and anti-bribery principles.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications.
• Experience in managing/supervising junior staff preferred.
• Second language skills preferred.
Travel and Remote Working
This role requires the successful candidate to work in Alaco’s London office with occasional domestic and international travel to debrief sources and speak to clients. Given the current Covid-19 pandemic, Alaco’s London office is currently closed and all work is being carried out remotely.
Applicants will be assessed via an interview and a briefing test, conducted online. If you would like to be considered, please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th January 2021.